If you enjoy the fresh air and adventure that comes with the great outdoors, then Outdoor Recreation is the place for you. Our activity and rental office will provide you with a variety of means for adventure for both the land and water dwellers. If you are looking to get away from the usual, you can rent out one of our beautiful log cabins or camps sites, or rent an RV and hit the road. For those looking for adventure closer to home, check out our thrilling mini park or hunting grounds.
Outdoor Recreation has storage space for your boat, RV or Utility Trailers at $40 per month, a Paved, Gated location with Key Coded Access 24/7. Call 878-2610 for more info.
*All Prices subject to change without notice!
- If interested in using the Warwick Pier “Floating” Section you must sign the key in and out from PMO.
- ANYONE FISHING ON FORT EUSTIS WILL HAVE TO PURCHASE A FISHING PERMIT FROM THE OUTDOOR RECREATION BLDG 828 KELLS DRIVE. MONDAY – FRIDAY 0900 – 1700. THE COST OF FISHING PERMIT IS $10.00 ANNUALLY. WILL HAVE TO SHOW VIRGINIA STATE FISHING LICENSE.
- GARDEN PLOTS ON SALE $20.00 FOR SEASON PLOT SIZE 20 X 40
- RV & Equipment Rentals
- Outdoor Equipment
- Pavilion Rentals
- Water Sports & Boat Rental
- Cabins & Campsites
- Mini Park
- P.O.W Range
|19′ Micro Mini Travel Trailer, sleeps 4-5 **
(vehicle must be quipped with electronic breaking system)
|$75 per day|
|24′ Springdale Travel Trailer, sleeps 4-6 **
(vehicle must be quipped with electronic breaking system)
|$100 per day|
|2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie||$180 per day|
|2016 Winnebago Minnie Winnie||$190 per day|
|2017 Winnebago Minnie Winnie||$200 per day|
|2013 Popup Flagstaff||$50 per day|
Note: $200.00 Deposit is required on all other RV’s & Campers. there is a $3.00 per hour generator charge. A $20.00 charge will be assessed to all rental cancellations. A $50.00 cancellation fee will be assessed to all rental cancellations on holiday weekends. Cancellations made inside 72 hours will result in loss of deposit for RV’s & Campers and Log Cabins. RV’s may be reserved up to 6 months in advance. There is a two (2) day minimum rental on RV’s and Cam-pers. Mileage fee – 1st 750 miles are free .20 cents per mile there after. Does not include any amenities such as pillows, Blankets, Etc.
- Pop Ups – 2″ Ball and 4 Flat Prong for lights (New Pop Ups require 7 Pin Plug & 2′ Ball).
- On all RV’s, Pop Ups, Travel Trailers amenities are not included.
|Dunking Booth w/Trailer||$60|
|Grill, Propane Super Cooker||$50|
|Grill, Charcoal Super Cooker||$30|
|Log Splitter, Vertical (Towable)||$60 (daily) $90 (weekends)|
|Tiller||$50 (daily) $80 on (weekends)|
|Aerator||$50 (daily) $80 on (weekends)|
|Trailer, Open, Flatbed||$25|
* Propane Not Provided w/Grill * A deposit equal to one day’s rental
AVAILABLE EQUIPMENT (click on item for photo)
All equipment priced per event
$25 cleaning fee will be added to all blow ups that have not been cleaned
|Metal Folding Chairs||$1|
|30 Gallon Trash Can Liner not included||$1|
|6′ Folding Table||$6|
|16×16 All Purpose Canopy (holds 4 ea. 6′ tables/24 chairs)||$40|
|20×20 All Purpose Canopy (holds 9 ea. 6′ tables/54 chairs)||$60|
|20×30 All Purpose Canopy (holds 15 ea. 6′ tables/90 chairs)||$70|
|15×15 Ceremonial Canopy (holds 35 chairs/5 rows of 7)||$90|
|20×20 White Canopy||$80|
|20×30 White Canopy||$90|
|Basketball Shoot (watch video)||$125|
|Small NINJA Jump (watch video)||$150|
|Sports USA Jump (watch video)||$150|
|Happy Feet Jump (watch video)||$150|
|Big NINJA Jump (watch video)||$200|
|Popcorn Machine (watch video)||$50|
VIDEO | HOW TO FOLD A BOUNCE HOUSE
* ALL PURPOSE CANOPIES CONTAIN CENTER POLES AND ARE TO BE SET UP ON GRASS ONLY
* CEREMONIAL CANOPIES ARE FREE STANDING (WITHOUT CENTER POLES) AND CAN BE SET UP ON ANY SURFACE
Canopies require a $25.00 deposit per canopy, deposit is non-refundable during peak season May-Sept
Bounce Houses require a $50.00 deposit per bounce house, deposit is non-refundable
during peak season May-October
Due to liability issues the ODR staff will not load equipment onto customers vehicles.
*** A pickup truck or trailer is required for transport. Blowups weigh between 150 and 350lbs and will take 3 to 4 people for setup.
|20×40 Garden Plots (Yearly)||$20|
|Horse Stable, Stall and Paddock||$150|
|Propane Tank Refills (Per LB)||$4.25|
- The Warwick Pier Pavilion has water and electric hookup at $50 per day.
- 6 different locations along the James River (Harrison Rd) can be rented at $30 per day.
- Murphy Field Picnic Area $50 per day.
Unit functions are authorized to use the picnic area free of charge once per year, can be reserved at the ODR rental office.
Our riverside location makes Fort Eustis a haven for water sport lovers. Whether you are looking to float around Lake Eustis or take on the peninsula’s numerous rivers, our Outdoor Recreation facility has a variety of boating options for you to choose from. Those venturing outside Fort Eustis on a motor driven boat are required to have a State Boater Safety Certificate. Happy boating!
At Fort Eustis Outdoor Recreation you have the opportunity to fish on both Lake Eustis and the James River. All fishing on Lake Eustis is catch-and-release only. There is no issue with catching fish on the James River, but please see the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries Regulations and review the guidelines before throwing a line into the James River. All fishing requires a Virginia State License.
Base Fishing Permits are available for purchase at the Outdoor Recreation Office Monday – Friday
To Purchase a Fishing Permit on Saturday & Sunday please visit the Pines Golf Course.
*All Boats come with Life Jackets.
|Carolina Skiff 16′ 30 hp seats 4 *||$110||$160|
|STRIPER 150 HP 18’ seats 7 *||$125||$185|
|PRIVATEER 75HP MOTOR 18′ seats 6 *||$90||$135|
|ROUGHNECK 16′, 30HP seats 4 *||$70||$105|
|CANOE (hourly rate)||$3|
|8 CANOES OR KAYAK w/trailer (daily)||$100|
|8 CANOES OR KAYAK w/trailer (weekend)||$175|
|8 CANOES OR KAYAK w/trailer (weekly)||$350|
Boater Safety Certificate required for all boat rentals.
Weekend rates begin after 1300 on Friday and end at 0900 on Monday.
*$150.00 Deposit Required *$20.00 fee for all cancellations
* To tow the boats and trailers you will need a 2″ ball with a 4 flat prong for the lights.
BOATS FOR RENT ON FORT EUSTIS LAKE (all rates are daily unless otherwise specified)
|12′ Jon Boat||$15|
|12′ Jon Boat w/trolling motor||$20|
|12′ Jon Boat w/trolling motor and battery||$25|
|Trolling Motor w/battery||$25|
|Paddle Boat (Hourly)||$3|
|Canoe (Hourly) No deposit required||$3|
* Jon Boats are not on trailers. Canoes and Kayaks do not have a trailer unless you are taking 6-8 of them.
Rustic Log Cabins nestled on the banks of the Lake Eustis await your visit. These fully furnished Log Cabins were constructed with your comfort in mind. Each of the five cabins sleeps up to 6 people, but services 6 people. Central heat and air ensure your comfort year round. We have 5 log cabins in total, one is completely handicapped accessible. Reservations are taken up to 6 months in advance, with an advance deposit equal to one nights stay.
The Cabins cost $85 per night.
Every cabin features …
- fireplace with gas logs
- two bedrooms (2 full beds, 2 twins in the loft and a full pull-out futon) equipped with sheets, blankets and pillows.
- full bath (towels and wash clothes for 6)
- spiral staircase leading to a loft
- fully equipped kitchen (fridge/freezer, oven/stove, microwave, toaster, coffee pot, dishes, glasses and silverware)
- charcoal grill & small picnic table
- great room with pullout futon
- color TV, DVD player, cable
- screened porch
Note: Log Cabins may be reserved up to 6 months in advance.
The first night rental fee is due at the time of booking payable with MasterCard or Visa.
Cancellations made inside 72 hour period will result in loss of deposit. $20.00 cancellation fee upon cancellation. A $50.00 cancellation fee will be assessed to all reservation cancellations on holiday weekends.
CAMP SITES = $20 per night
Nine campsites have been designed to blend in with the beautiful flora and fauna surrounding Lake Eustis. These campsites are complete with full hook-ups (water, electric and sanitation), picnic table and charcoal grill. The campsites are available year round and reservations can be made up to 6 months in advance. Campsites can be rented for a maximum of a one month period.
CLOSED FOR THE SEASON!
866 Lee Blvd
Open Saturday & Sunday
11am – 6pm
- MINI GOLF
- Our Mini Golf Course is a challenging 18 holes filled with fun obstacles, sand traps, and a water fall!
- Price: $3 per person
- BATTING CAGES
- Come practice your swing at our Mini Park Batting Cages, equipped with 2 fast ball sides and 1 slow pitch soft ball side.
- Price: $1 for 20 balls(change available at sales window)
- GO KARTS
- Our 1/4 mile road course provides fun hair pin turns. We have 10 generic zovirax price online single rider karts and 4 double rider karts, for adults with young children. To be a double rider you must be at least 16 years old and 36 inches tall.You must be 12 years of age and 45″ tall to ride alone
- Price: $6 per ride (10 minute)
Bottle Water & Soda available $1
- Parties and unit functions can be reserved at anytime by calling 878-2610
- Price: $190 per hour Monday – Friday for complete use of the go-karts, mini golf, and batting cages.
- Price $190 for two hours Saturday and Sunday
Add a bounce house for an additional $100.00,- (your choice of the Sports Bounce, Small Ninja or Happy Feet, $75.00 savings)
HUNTERS SAFETY CLASS WILL BE HELD AT THE LAKESIDE CATERING BLDG
13 November 2016 | 0800 – 1500 (APPROX)
828 Kells Drive | Fort Eustis, Va 23604
For those interested in hunting on Fort Eustis, the following information is provided:
* In order to purchase a hunting permit for Fort Eustis you must be active, retired, DoD civilian, have a hunters safety certificate and a Virginia state license. Register all firearms at the Visitors Center outside the main gate.
Authorized personnel include active and retired military and their family members, regardless of station assignment. Active and retired civilian personnel who are, or were, under the jurisdiction of this headquarters or tenant at Fort Eustis. Civilians may request permission to hunt Fort Eustis by contacting Outdoor Recreation and submitting their name to be drawn for the season. This drawing takes place in September, prior to the start of the season.
All eligible hunters must have State Certified Hunter Education Course Certificate of completion or National Rifle Association Hunter Education Course that is recognized by Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries.
Persons that have purchased a FY15-16 Hunting Permit may purchase a POW (Privately Owned Weapons) Range permit for an additional $15.00. The POW Range pass will be valid for the FY15-16 hunting season. You will be required to complete the POW Range safety class before you purchase your permit, the class is offered the first Monday of every month at ODR Lakeside Club, 828 Kells Drive at 0900.
YEARLY HUNTING FEES:
- DoD Personnel $35.00
- Youth Hunters 15 and below/Senior Hunters 65 and above $15.00
- Non DoD Personnel $45.00
HOURS DURING THE SEASON:
NO HUNTING Thursdays and Sunday
PREREQUISITES: All firers must register their weapons Security Forces Squadron (SFS), 648 Washington Blvd.
• All firers must complete a Range Safety Class and have a AF IMT 483 (Certificate of Competency)
The POW Range Safety class is held the first Monday of every month
828 Kells Drive at 0900.
If the first Monday is a holiday it will be held on the second Monday.
AUTHORIZED USERS: Active Duty Soldiers and Family Members, Retired Military and Family Members, DoD Civilian Personnel and Family Members. Authorized users are permitted to sponsor one non-affiliated guest.
PROCEDURES: All authorized persons will purchase POW Range Cards and sign in and out to use the range at the Pines Golf Course Pro-Shop, 3518 Mulberry Island Road. Must have a weapons registration and AF IMT 483 to purchase a POW Range Card. Two man rule will apply when using the range. First person signing for the range will be appointed as the Range Safety Officer (RSO). Type of weapon and number of rounds to be fired must be given to the clerk at the Pines Golf Course.
• Range 2 – Pistol, 9mm, 38 special, .22, .25, .32, .357, .38, .40, .44 and .45 soft point, hollow point and ball ammunition only for all caliber of weapons.
Firer can use lanes 36-45, all the way to the right.
• Range 3 – Muzzle loader – 45, 50, 54, and 58 caliber- black powder only, ball and sabot rounds with 150 grain powder limit for all caliber weapons. Firer can use lanes 13,14,15, place target to the left of burm.
Shotgun – 12, 14, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32 and 410 gauge only – bird, buck shot and slug ammunition only for all gauges.
Rifle firers – are permitted to fire .22 and .223 (5.56mm) caliber only. Long, rim fire, standard velocity and match ammunition allowed for .22 caliber. Ball ammunition only, for .223 (5.56mm)
Alcohol and drugs are prohibited at all times. Any person determined to be under the influence of alcohol or other drugs are not permitted range access.
• Wildcat (experimental) handgun and rifle calibers and ammunition are not authorized.
• Reloaded ammunition is prohibited.
• Tracer ammunition is prohibited.
• Privately owned machine guns, weapons that fire from a tripod, or that can only be fired from a stabilized mounting platform are prohibited.
• Fully automatic firing of any type of weapon is prohibited.
• Only authorized paper targets will be used. Cans, bottles and other objects will not be used as targets.
• Harassing or firing at wildlife is prohibited.
SAFETY RULES: Safety is everyone’s responsibility and vital while on the range. All persons authorized to use the range will ensure that all rules are followed and act as a Range Safety Officer. All persons authorized to use the range must read and sign a safety/range rule sheet.
• Firearms must be unloaded with the breech or action open when on the range and not firing Weapons will remain cased at all times when not on the firing line.
• Do not handle firearms while people are down range
• No profane or abusive language.
• Shoes and shirt must be worn at all times.
• Shoot at approved paper targets only.
• Shooters needing to go down range will notify the RSO so the RSO can call CLEAR. Once the RSO acknowledges the range is clear firers may then go down range.
• Do not go down range unless agreed upon by members of the firing line and the RSO has verified that weapons are safe and cleared. This will be evident when all weapons have been cleared and placed on the ground.
• Once all shooters have returned to the firing line, the RSO ensures the range is clear and lifts the cease fire by calling “range is clear”.
• Shoot only from the firing line, and respect the rights of others.
• Collect personal brass and clean around your area after finishing your shooting session.
• Firearms must be pointed down range at all times and or in a safe direction.
• Do not point any firearm at any person whether the weapon is loaded or unloaded.
• Know how your firearm operates.
• Ensure your firearm and ammunition is compatible.
• 733d Force Support Division Outdoor Recreation Office or the Pines Golf Course will not be responsible for any accidents, injuries, lost items, defective or malfunctions of weapons or ammunition.
• All shooters must physically check in at the Golf Pro Shop prior to going to the range.
• All minors 17 years or younger will be accompanied by an authorized parent or guardian. While the minor is firing or handling a firearm, the parent or guardian must remain within the immediate area and are not permitted to fire or handle another firearm.
• Authorized persons must bring their own paper targets.
• The following targets are not authorized for use on the range: plastic bottles, aluminum cans, metal targets and glass targets.
• Any individual that has signed for a range is responsible for the safe operation of the range and will ensure the following:
• No firing is conducted when visibility requirements for Controlled Firing Area cannot be met.
• Downrange weapon effects are observed to ensure projectiles land within the prescribed range limits.
• The proper targets are set up and down range.
• No personnel or wildlife are down range.
• Announce periodic check fires to permit personnel the opportunity to check targets.
• All weapons are properly cleared prior to permitting personnel down range.
• No weapons are being handled while personnel are down range.
• No smoking on the firing line.
• No running or horseplay on or around the firing line.
• Adequate hearing and eye protection are being used at all times.
• Any person observing an unsafe act must call for a cease fire.
• The range must be cleaned prior to leaving. Before leaving the range, all shooters must pick up their spent casings and remove targets from the target stands. For safety reasons there are no trash cans on the ranges; you must take your trash with you.