ARMY VOLUNTEER CORPS
650 Monroe . 878-3129
The Army Volunteer Corps (AVC) unites all installation volunteers and organizations using volunteers to establish partnerships, enhancing the career mobility of volunteers, and promoting a life-long commitment to service.
Our Mission To promote and strengthen volunteerism by uniting community volunteer efforts, supporting professional management, enhancing volunteer career mobility, and establishing volunteer partnerships to support individual personal growth and life-long volunteer commitment.
To be a trained and resourced professional volunteer force supported by Army leadership and prepared to contribute to Army readiness and well-being.
Volunteers support the installation mission in a variety of capacities such as: coaches, office assistants, program assistants, and much more. Joining the Fort Eustis volunteer team enables you to gain valuable work experience while helping others.
Would you like to be added to our email list to receive notice about volunteer opportunities and news?
CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP NOW
Organizations Seeking Volunteers Are:
American Red Cross
Army Community Service* provides FREE child care
Better Opportunities for Single Soldiers (BOSS)
Child Youth and School Services
Family Readiness Groups
Family, Moral, Welfare and Recreation (FMWR)
Spouses Club of Fort Eustis
and many more!
How to Volunteer at Fort Eustis The Army Volunteer Corps Coordinator (AVCC) assists potential volunteers with locating volunteer organizations and opportunities at Fort Eustis that are right for them.
The AVCC will put you in contact with the Organizational Point of Contact (OPOC) from the organization you want to volunteer with. During this time, the volunteer and OPOC should agree upon a position in which the volunteer will serve. The volunteer must receive a copy of the position description and must register PRIOR to beginning volunteer service.
Register to Volunteer
1) Attend a Volunteer Orientation. For dates and times, visit the Community Calendar on our homepage.
2) Register on the Volunteer Management Information System (VMIS). Fort Eustis organizations are now on line with the Department of the Army Volunteer Management Information System (VMIS). The system is used to track volunteer hours, training and awards. All installation volunteers are required to register in this system and document hours each month.
Register on Army One Source
– Top right hand corner of the page, click on Register.
– Click ‘Join Now!’
– Complete Registration Form
– Return to my army one source homepage
– Top right hand corner of the page, click ‘Become a Volunteer’
3) The organization you will be volunteering for provides and determines the type of form you must complete. If you are unsure which form to complete after reading below, please contact the AVCC.
Each year, Fort Eustis volunteers contribute thousands of hours toward making Fort Eustis a better community. Fort Eustis truly values each of its volunteers and recognizes them.
During National Volunteer Week in April of each year, we honor our volunteers by recognizing their contributions at our Annual Volunteer Recognition Ceremony. All registered volunteers are invited to attend the ceremony, where special awards are presented.
Each quarter, the Installation recognizes the Volunteers of the Quarter for each volunteer organization at an Installation Volunteer of the Quarter Ceremony. For more information on this event, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 878-3638.